Site announcements

TSLB: Frequently Asked Questions on Term to Term Academic Assessment & Suspension

TSLB: Frequently Asked Questions on Term to Term Academic Assessment & Suspension

by Valentine Hazelman -
Number of replies: 0

WHAT IS THE REQUIRED PASS RATE OR GPA?

• NTS - Minimum GPA of 3.0 Per Academic Term.
  • TELS - Minimum 50% in The First Academic Term and 75% for all other terms.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT MEET THE REQUIRED RESULTS?

• If you have a pass rate of 50% for TELS or GPA of less than 3.0 for NTS and below for the last academic term, TSLB has noted this and placed your names under probation list and your performance will be monitored for this academic term. You will be paid while on probation.
  • If you meet the required minimum Pass Rate/GPA in the term you are on probation, the probation status will be removed in the following term and you will be paid for your allowances and tuition.
  • If you do not meet the required minimum Pass Rate/GPA in the term you are on probation, your award will be suspended in the coming term. You will not receive any payments for allowance and tuition while your sponsorship is suspended.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I GET SUSPENDED DUE TO POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE?

• As soon as you suspended you must enroll privately in at least 2 units and achieve either a 100% pass rate (TELS) or pull your GPA to 3.0 or above (NTS).
  • The same must be done within 2 academic terms, as failure to do so will lead to termination of the award and commencement of recoveries action.

WHAT SHOULD I DO ONCE I HAVE ATTAINED THE REQUIRED PASS RATE/GPA DURING THE SUSPENSION PERIOD?
Once you meet the required minimum Pass Rate/GPA in the term you are suspended, you must immediately APPLY for Reinstatement of Studies by filling in TSLB04 with required documents for you to be reinstated for sponsorship. All applications for reinstatement must be completed at least one week prior to the commencement of an academic term for which you wish to apply for the reinstatement.

CAN I APPLY FOR CHANGE IN PROGRAM/MAJOR/MINOR OR INSTUTUTION WHILE ON SUSPENSON?
No. You cannot apply for either a change in program, major, minor or institution while on suspension by TSLB.

WHAT MUST I DO SHOULD I FACE ISSUES RELATING TO MY ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE?

• Should you face issues with your academic work, please liaise with course coordinators, lecturers, peer mentors and campus facilitators to find ways to improve your chances of attaining excellence in courses.
  • You may also schedule a counseling appointment with the TSLB Counselor via email at: counselor@tslb.com.fj.

IMPORTANT:
Please take this notice seriously, as TSLB will be suspending students who are not meeting the academic requirements and pass rates as per the NTS/TELS policies. In order to avoid disappointment, you must act now and ensure that you meet the academic requirements of your sponsors!

** Download the flyer here **

Best Wishes for your Studies,
TSLB Management Team
15 September 2020.