What is Moodle Mobile
Moodle Mobile is the official mobile app for Moodle.
Browse the content of your courses, even when offline
Receive instant notifications of messages and other events
Quickly find and contact other people in your courses
Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
View your course grades … and more!
Linking FNU Moodle to Moodle Mobile App
After the Moodle Mobile App has been installed on your mobile devices, follow the following instructions to have it connected to you Moodle accounts at FNU Moodle Platform:
Quick Instructions for Moodle Mobile App Sign-In
1. Launch the app.
2. In the Site URL field, type: elearn.fnu.ac.fj
3. Click Add.
4. A dialog box appears – “You need to log in to the site”.
5. If you successfully login, your device returns to the Moodle Mobile app, logged in with your account.
Basic features of Moodle Mobile
- Responsive design for phone and tablets
- Upload a picture into your private file area
- Record an audio file and upload it into your private file area
- Record a video and upload it into your private file area
- Send a private message to a course participant (can be done offline)
- Take a personal note about a course participant (can be done offline)
- Add a course participant to your phone contact
- Call a course participant touching the phone number
- Locate a course participant address on Google map
- Download and view some course resources
- Quick access to your course contents
- View calendar events
- Reminder notifications for calendar events
- Mobile Push notifications
- Remote layout/style customization (see below)
- View all your past private messages and notifications
- Browse and download your private and course files
- View forum discussions
- Private messaging between users
- Calendar integration with warning reminders as local notifications
- Upload any type of file from your device to your Moodle private files area
- View site, course and personal users notes
- Support for sites using CAS or Shibboleth as auth methods
- View your activity and course total grades in a course
- Course search
- Self-enrolment in courses (including via PayPal)
- Access courses with guest access enrolment method enabled
- Follow app-specific activity links (see Creating Moodle Mobile friendly courses for details)
- Browse glossary entries
- Browse your learning plans
- View competencies of students in your course
- Support for all the course modules (activities and resources)
- Attempt quizzes
- SCORM player
- Make assignment submissions and review submissions, comments, feedback and grades
- Use a rich text editor when creating forum posts, attempting quizzes with essay questions, creating wiki pages or submitting assignments (only in Android 4.4 onwards)
- Submit to workshop activities
- Rate elements (forum posts, glossary and database entries)
- View blog posts
Moodle Mobile FAQ'S
- 1.1 How can I get the Moodle app?
- 1.2 I can't get the app to work. What do I do?
- 1.3 What permissions does the app require?
- 1.4 I can't see my course on the app. What do I do?
- 1.5 Why can't I upload my assignment on the app?
- 1.6 Why can't I sometimes access the app or submit anything to it?
- 1.7 Is there a space limit on my files?
- 1.8 Who should I contact for help with the app?
- 1.9 When are activities completed offline synchronized?
- 1.10 Why the site is asking for my username and password when an activity is opened in the browser?
- 2.1 How can I enable videos in my course to be downloaded?
- 2.2 Video subtitles are not working
- 2.3 Which course format is it best to use?
- 2.4 How do I make YouTube links open automatically in the app?
- 2.5 Why can't my students see their courses?
- 2.6 I can't mark assignments in the app
- 2.7 What communications tools can I use in the app to engage with my learners?
- 2.8 My protected Vimeo videos are not playing in the app
- 2.9 ReCaptcha doesn't work on my site
- 2.10 I use a Moodle plugin but the app says it is not supported
- 2.11 I have problems playing SCORM packages
- 2.12 My quizzes or lessons are not working offline
- 2.13 Maths notation is not displaying correctly in the app
- 2.14 How can I disable text selection / copy in the app?